THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
In this role, you will be responsible for accelerating RK Service’s sales growth by selling service agreements. You will focus on expanding existing accounts, increasing prospect leads and acquiring new customer accounts. In addition, you will manage all assigned accounts and renew existing service agreements.
- Sell service and planned maintenance agreements to meet/exceed revenue and profitability goals for RK Service.
- Ensure customers renew existing agreements prior to the expiration date of the contract.
- Identify prospective new customers in assigned markets.
- Utilize Saleslogix to manage sales funnel and maintain records of sales-related leads, contacts, future opportunities and follow-ups daily.
- Convert leads into opportunities by leveraging the RK sales process and internal resources.
- Develop and execute account-specific acquisition plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with decision makers in customer organizations.
- Consistently use SalesLogix and RK Service estimating process to prepare proposals and/or contracts.
- Present/review quotes with decision makers, negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Understand customer needs and provide knowledge and consultation to develop solutions for customer problems.
- Present/prepare/review proposals and/or contracts with decision makers, negotiating scope of agreement/project/service repairs.
- Provide account business reports and annual forecasts referencing market information and competitive analysis.
- Conduct post-sale follow-up with customers to ensure service agreements have been accomplished and customers are satisfied.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to RK Service leadership.
- Maintain relationship with RK Service, RK Electrical and other RK business units.
- Liaison with product representatives and local suppliers to stay abreast of product lines, promotions, trends and changes.
- Good working knowledge of energy rebates and ability to advocate for customers.
- Maintain and improve sales skills and technical knowledge through self-study, product seminars, corporate training and self-improvement courses.
- Participate in dealer and corporate sales promotions.
- May include other responsibilities assigned by company leadership.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Read, analyze and interpret complex technical information.
- Able to solve complex problems in a data-driven manner.
- Utilize RK processes to define scope, develop estimates and proposals that meet corporate guidelines.
- Secure orders from potential customers through on-site visits, telephone contacts and written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Able to write professional reports and business correspondence.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Functions well in individual and team environments.
- Exceptional communication skills, well-developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs and translate into sales opportunities.
- Achievement oriented, self-motivated and organized.
- Valid driver’s license. Ability to safely move around customer facilities – including rooftops, ladders, etc. to access installed equipment.
- Indirect supervision.
- Fully competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area.
- Able to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standards.
- Problem solver. Independently performs most assignments with instruction. Receives guidance for unusual or complex problems and approval for changes in standards.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.