The Moxy Hotel is a new eight-story ground-up hospitality boutique with 170 rooms and an underground parking garage. Amenities include a main floor lobby area and full-service bar; Grab-N-Go station and kitchen; employee lounge and breakroom; communal ironing room; meeting space with outdoor terrace; and outdoor beer garden with fire pits and grills. The facilities include lobby, office/admin area and fitness center.
RK Mechanical performed the full mechanical scope of work for this new hotel. The installation of a complete HVAC and plumbing system included:
- three rooftop makeup air units (5000 CFM/100,000 BTU)
- 27 total exhaust fans
- Daikin VRV system – 30 rooftop condenser units with hail guards
- 193 VRV fan coil units
- branch selector boxes and navigation remote thermostats
- Daikin Intelligent iTouch Manager
- three domestic water heaters (119 gallons/each)
- two mixing valves and circulation pumps
RK Mechanical also installed and connected materials for an emergency generator and transformer oil holding tank and special ordered matte black high-end plumbing fixtures.