SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Logistics Manager – Denver is responsible for the management of the Denver-based warehousing and distribution operations consisting of the tool shop, material warehouse, premises and fleet.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage day to day warehouse and logistics operations including hiring, developing and managing the staff.
- Develop, implement, monitor and manage policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure a safe workplace, efficient customer service, and continuous improvement for warehousing and distribution operations.
- Manage the movement of material into and out of production facilities.
- Manage departmental budgets.
- Collaborate with other business functions to ensure customer requirements and productivity is achieved.
- Manage layout of warehouse and site to ensure efficient and effective use of space.
- Adherence to all warehousing, tool shop, and job-related health and safety regulations.
- Manage stock levels to ensure optimal availability of material and tools without compromising service levels and stock levels.
- Maintain an organized work environment.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Manage fleet operations consisting of maintenance program, GPS system, leasing, buying, sales, and day to day fleet management activity.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Provide a safe and controlled work environment.
- Ensure all employees and subcontractors are accountable for safety and health.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fully competent in all aspects of subject matter or functional area.
- Ability to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standards.
- Ability to identify, analyze and formulate strategic improvements.
- Ability to resolve problems in a constructive and productive manner.
- Training in Hazard Identification and Reporting, OSHA 30, and CPR/First Aid/AED/Blood borne Pathogens.
- Independently perform most assignments with indirect supervision.
- Metrics/KPI management approach and experience.
- Aptitude for organizing, problem-solving, and improvement.
- College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
- 5+ years’ experience managing warehouse, stock, logistics.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a team.
- Demonstrated success implementing 5S, Lean and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Software experience: Warehouse Management Systems, Tool Tracking Solutions. Viewpoint software experience a bonus.
In addition to a competitive total rewards package, our family-owned business environment promotes a culture of respect, passion and advancement. We operate with a high degree of accountability and quality by adhering to tested processes that deliver results. Through a company-wide integration of our core values, we foster engagement and commitment at all levels, fueling our vision “to be the contractor and employer of choice”.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.