THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
You will work closely with the Preconstruction Team, Project Managers, Project Engineers and Field and Manufacturing teams to obtain required information needed to start assigned projects efficiently. You will mentor and train members of the staff on steel modeling/steel detailing and detailing management.
- Firm understanding of drafting and design techniques with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recruite subcontract designers/drafters to meet schedule demands.
- Knowledge of project plans, scope, schedule, specs, submittals, budget, etc.
- Monitor and lead the coordination process for one or multiple projects.
- Provide BIM data and support to general contractor and design teams as designated by project management per project requirements.
- Quality control review of fabrication drawings prior to delivering to shop.
- Aware of potential issues/problems in order to write RFI’s and correct problems as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A qualified candidate will have a strong understanding of structural/miscellaneous steel codes, coating requirements, industry standards and shop preferences.
- Proficiency with Tekla a HUGE plus.
- Understanding of building codes related to steel.
- Understanding of standard shop and erection practices.
- Proven communication and leadership skills.
- Must have increased latitude when it comes to project recommendations and problem solving.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Rebecca Zollweg, Recruiter
(p): 303.801.3933 | email@example.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law