RK is the region’s largest supplier of construction, manufacturing and service solutions. We offer construction, commercial and industrial customers a reliable single source for mechanical, electrical and plumbing contracting; custom manufacturing; steel fabrication and erection; prefabricated buildings; facilities and equipment maintenance and water treatment solutions.
This position will be located in our Henderson, CO office. The Safety Superintendent will be responsible for managing the Steel, Pipe, Energy, Mission Critical, and corporate services divisions.
THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for instilling the RK safety culture into all employees, developing and carrying out a continuing safety program. This person will also train, coach and mentor all employees of safety, including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation, CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Identification and Reporting, and OSHA 30.
- Provide adequate supervision to assure that our employees are aware of, and comply with, applicable safety rules, regulations and work practices and procedures.
- Take necessary steps to promote safety and health on job sites.
- Eliminate safety and health hazards.
- Conduct continual safety inspections on all assigned projects.
- Initiate action to eliminate hazards or potential hazards.
- Recommends installations of safety guards, safe working practices and use of personal safety equipment.
- Perform substance abuse testing, as requested.
- Present Health & Safety 4 hour presentation at new hire orientation.
- Investigates all accidents and maintains complete accident statistics.
- Responsible for education of employees in all safety matters.
- Ensure that there is accurate record keeping with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to confront people who are not working safely.
- Develop new safety standards as required.
- Claims management and clinic visits, as required.
- Independent site-specific training plans.
- Investigate fraud claims.
- Assist subcontractors and vendors for compliance on projects.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Previous experience managing safety for multiple job sites
- Fabrication/manufacturing shop experience preferred
- Holds current safety certifications
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 standards
- Strong attention to detail and accountability towards standards and procedures
- Computer literate
If you are an experienced Safety Superintendent who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Rebecca Zollweg, Recruiter
(p): 303.801.3933 | email@example.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law