As an RK Mechanical Project Manager, you will plan, direct and coordinate activities of designated mechanical construction projects. This role will ensure project goals are achieved in a timely manner and within budget by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. You will manage budgeting and scheduling and administer contracts, buyout, documentation, meetings, billings, change conditions, labor productivity, cost control and project closeout.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of staff teams on assigned projects.
- Initiate, review and oversee required project administration and documentation to avoid claims and protect RK and our clients.
- Ensure contract agreements are expeditiously secured, reviewed, processed and executed.
- Review, edit, finalize and distribute project budget.
- Conduct preconstruction turnover meetings for all assigned projects.
- Ensure required permits or licenses are obtained and posted.
- Initiate setup, monitoring and updating of project scheduling.
- Coordinate required procurement of materials and equipment with purchasing agent, with emphasis on a buyout plan to meet, or improve on, established schedule dates and budget cost.
- Subcontract agreement negotiation, preparation, processing and execution.
- Ensure required submittal review, processing and approvals, and submittal logs are set-up and maintained.
- Develop, submit and obtain approval of billing schedule.
- Maintain an over-billed cash position, and request retention release bill-down/payments.
- Collect payments, progress billing and retention receivables, on or before due dates.
- Price, negotiate and process change condition and change order work.
- Ensure assigned projects are properly staffed with appropriate field forces. This includes reviewing, updating and receiving approval of labor resource loading and labor productivity.
- Oversee tools and rental equipment use on all assigned projects. Ensure that any tools and rental equipment not required, or not being utilized, are returned immediately.
- Responsible for overall financial performance of all assigned projects, including continual cost control, management and forecasting.
- Prepare accurately, and submit on time, all required project contract valuations.
- Review, approve and process all subcontractor and supplier invoices.
- Independent decision making.
- Responsible for a single department or functional area either as a manager or functional expert.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff and other departments.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations that impact activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities.
- Determines program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities.
- Proven specialist expertise, typically 10+ years of HVAC mechanical experience, including fiscal responsibilities.
- College or university graduate, equivalent combination of skills or equivalent combination and experience, generally expected for specified technical roles.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive total rewards package, our family-owned business environment promotes a culture of respect, passion and advancement. We operate with a high degree of accountability and quality by adhering to tested processes that deliver results. Through a company-wide integration of our core values, we foster engagement and commitment at all levels, fueling our vision “to be the contractor and employer of choice”.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.