As a leader in the commercial construction, manufacturing and building service industries, RK brings customer visions to life, calling on decades of experience and exceptionally trained teams within the organization to deliver maximum quality service to every endeavor. Our work and expertise across multiple industries allows us to be a premier partner, creating and executing specialty, professional solutions from start to finish. RK’s relentless pursuit of innovation allows customers to see their greatest concepts become reality, trusting RK’s exclusive design and building methodologies, backed by accredited, safe and professional execution.
RK employs around 1,400 people and operates five major locations in Denver, CO, Henderson, CO, Aurora, CO, Vail, CO and Salt Lake City, UT, along with several regional offices. RK is one of Colorado’s largest employers and has been ranked as a top 10 places to work and top 10 healthiest places to work by the Denver Business Journal, among many additional industry and workplace awards. We are currently celebrating our 25th anniversary for our in-house apprenticeship program with around 230 active apprentices.
The President and General Manager for RK Energy, LLC will have full profit and loss responsibility for this business unit. This is a hands-on role requiring guidance and direction for the development and execution of the projects and products produced for the oil and gas, wind and alternatives energy industries. With a focus on safety, quality and customer satisfaction, this role will continue to build a team of competent employees to execute customer requirements. RK Energy is in the late stage of ISO 9001:2015 accreditation and has been accredited as OSHA VPP Star Mobile.
We are looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills along with a technical background in fabrication and manufacturing. Our 60-ton, crane-served RK Henderson facility houses three of RK’s seven business units. The facility encompasses 110,000 sq. ft. and sits on 12.5 acres of land, allowing for excellent growth, capacity and plenty of lay-down space. This position takes on an active role in customer development, developing disruptive technologies for our customers, managing a team of sales, estimating, project managers, engineers, and a full fabrication/manufacturing team. Along with leadership skills and technical knowledge in fabrication and manufacturing, the ideal candidate will also be highly competent in quality management systems, safety management and labor productivity.
Sample of Products Produced by RK Energy:
- Vessel Skid
- Salt Water Disposal Skids/Buildings (Check out this video)
- Process/Filter Skid
- Res35 Building
- ASME Vessels
- CS Pipe Fab & Deliver
- Pig Launchers and Receivers
- Metering Skids
- Field Service
- Electrical Buildings
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Accountable for full P&L for RK Energy.
- Responsible for the overall vision, strategic planning, and long-range business development for the business unit.
- Responsible for the overall customer – external and internal – satisfaction and relationships.
- Work with RK’s other business unit general managers to assure customer satisfaction, if applicable.
- Work with RK Energy managers and Human Resources to ensure the required workforce is attracted, developed, and maintained, and resources are appropriately allocated.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching, guidance, and support for RK Energy team members.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and enforcement of RK Energy processes and procedures.
- Lead project meetings to review and/or resolve significant performance and financial issues and keep all managers updated on department and corporate developments.
- Understand both ASME and ISO certifications and maintain those standards.
- Comply with all RK Industries, LLC company policies, and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Energy employees and subcontractors must implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices, including the training requirements of RK orientation and CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens.
EXECUTIVE CAREER LEVEL:
- Top level of leadership for the major corporate function or strategic business group.
- Ownership of the company business strategy development and support initiatives.
- Establish direction and lead the development of short and long-term corporate strategies and objectives.
- Determine and promote company goals, strategies, products, services, and achievements to critical internal and external stakeholders.
- Ultimate accountability for the performance results of the organization.
- Accountable for critical decisions and the integration of cross-functional strategies.
- 20+ years of experience expected.
- College/university graduate with an equivalent combination of skills and experience required.
- Strong understanding of the following: LEAN, Six-Sigma, 5S, ASME, welding procedures, and labor productivity.
- OSHA 30-hour required.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Joe Suardi, Manager, Talent Acquisition
(p): 303-785-6874 | JSuardi@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.