SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the management of the Denver Headquarters Logistics and Warehousing function consisting of the tool shop, material warehouse, premises and fleet.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage day to day warehouse and logistics operations including hiring, developing and managing the staff.
- Develop, implement, monitor and manage policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure a safe workplace, efficient customer service, and continuous improvement for warehousing and distribution operations.
- Train staff in roles and responsibilities and ensure team members are meeting daily objectives such as orders are filled and completed within the time requirements executed.
- Problem resolution regarding warehousing, tool shop, fleet and shipping operations.
- Collaborate with other business functions to ensure customer requirements and productivity is achieved.
- Manage layout of warehouse and site to ensure efficient and effective use of space.
- Adherence to all warehousing, tool shop, and job-related health and safety regulations.
- Manage stock levels to ensure optimal availability of material and tools without compromising service levels and stock levels.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Manage fleet operations consisting of maintenance program, GPS system, leasing, buying, sales, and day to day fleet management activity.
- Manage the inspection process and ensure all equipment is in safe and proper operating conditions prior to assigning/shipping to a site.
- Ensure all employees and subcontractors are accountable for safety and health.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fully competent in all aspects of subject matter or functional area.
- Ability to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standards.
- Ability to identify, analyze and formulate strategic improvements.
- Ability to resolve problems in a constructive and productive manner.
- Training in Hazard Identification and Reporting, OSHA 30, and CPR/First Aid/AED/Blood borne Pathogens.
- Independently perform most assignments with indirect supervision.
- Metrics/KPI management approach and experience.
- College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
- 3+ years’ experience managing tool or parts shop/rental facility.
- 1+ years’ experience fleet management
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a team.
- Any Viewpoint software experience a plus.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Rebecca Zollweg, Recruiter
(p): 303.801.3933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.