RK Mission Critical, a business unit of RK Mechanical, Inc. is a custom fabricator that constructs high-quality data centers in our off-site, indoor shop and then quickly assembles them at the customer’s site. These units are fully self-contained, weather tight and only require utilities and network connections. We serve businesses whose core function is their data center, as well as data-intensive industries—like healthcare, finance and research—that recognize the value in operating their own data facilities and want to lower the total cost of ownership.
The Director of Sales will build and develop strategies, industry contacts and sales channel opportunities to cultivate RK Mission Critical. This position is responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan to meet or exceed sales goals identified in RK Mission Critical’s strategic plan through recruiting, training, coaching, incentivizing, tracking and maintaining a profitable sales team.
- Develops and executes comprehensive sales and marketing plans to address target markets, and conforms to company objectives.
- Responsible for direct sales, sales operations, and channel and partner solutions.
- Align channel strategy to complement and enhance direct sales model.
- Develop and execute an effective multi-pronged approach to lead generation.
- Identify, qualify, develop and drive partnerships with industry influencers and other channel partners.
- Support partners through entire sales process; including sales collateral, sales call preparation, joint presentations and contracting (pricing and negotiating).
- Manage internal and external channel programs and coordinate internal resources and communication.
- Manage channel and internal training to educate and motivate sales people throughout internal and external sales organizations.
- Assure stakeholders have up-to-date knowledge of product offerings, features, roadmap and any other updates.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships at the executive level with key channels and partners.
- Ensure corporate direction, branding and messaging guidelines are followed.
- Develop and manage the sales budget, CRM, reporting and analytics.
- 10+ years of experience with channel partners and complex channel relationships (co-sale, resale, OEM/Licensing).
- Expertise in the field, extensive relevant sales experience in the Data Center industry required.
- Built and maintained channel programs for a Mission Critical business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales channel development and marketing programs which result in revenue generation.
- Strong sales experience a must. Proven sales ability including: pricing, relationship building and management and consultative selling.
- Must be highly self-motivated and have the ability to work independently within company policy, targets and budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with commercial CRM tools, Saleslogix preferred.
- 25%-40% domestic travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive total rewards package, our family-owned business environment promotes a culture of respect, passion and advancement. We operate with a high degree of accountability and quality by adhering to tested processes that deliver results. Through a company-wide integration of our core values, we foster engagement and commitment at all levels, fueling our vision “to be the contractor and employer of choice”.
If you are an experienced sales professional in the Data Center industry with a proven track record of building business while developing a successful team that produces results, and you are excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact me for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.