THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
The Sales Manager is responsible for RK’s Service and Electrical sales strategy development and execution in support of business strategic plans. This role will both lead Service sales team and conduct their own direct sales activity. The role will also manage Inside Sales, Outside Sales and Renewals teams and collaborate with other RK sales teams in order to ensure achievement of sales goals and commercial KPI’s (bookings, revenue, profitability, attachment rates, renewal rates, customer satisfaction, retention, expansion, etc.). The Sales Manager will be responsible for recruiting, training, coaching, incentivizing, tracking and maintaining a World Class sales team.
- Develops and executes sales strategies to support strong achievement of business plans.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and develop team members that successfully achieve their goals.
- Owns the Service sales process, tools, KPI’s and process improvements.
- Ensures the development and training of the sales force on established processes and tools around account management.
- Builds and perfects the playbooks that govern daily/weekly/monthly cadence of Sales activities. Utilizes SalesLogix to manage own and team members’ sales funnels to ensure quota achievement. Ensure consistent use of SalesLogix to maintain records of sales-related leads, contacts, activities, opportunities and bookings. Ensure a consistent level of coaching including 1:1’s, ride-alongs, pre-call planning and debriefing.
- Develops and administers annual performance reviews for all salespeople.
- Provides account business reports and quarterly forecasts.
- Serves as an expert in understanding and articulating the value proposition for all current Service product offerings. Helps develop and commercialize new offerings. Understands customer needs and provides knowledge and consultation to develop solutions for problems.
- Establishes and maintains long-term relationships with key customer executives to develop and influence opportunities. Retains and grows business levels with existing customers.
- Stays current with industry trends. Analyze the market and current business performance for potential growth opportunity.
- Works with Service operations team to ensure customer requirements are met, issues are resolved, and customers are satisfied. Provide closed-loop feedback to Service leadership.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop effective lead generation strategies
- Works closely with internal departments and external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans and business models.
- Develops an annual sales meeting platform that is sustainable, meaningful and that contributes to the development and execution of sales plan.
- Maintains a professional work environment for the sales team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 15 years of successful sales management experience – required; experience in the commercial service – strongly preferred
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required
- Experience with responsibility for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives
- Ability to negotiate critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers
- Experience in company business strategy development and execution
- Ability to makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having a significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company
- Demonstrated a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Managed autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction
- High-energy and a desire to succeed
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, result-focused environment
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Highly motivated, passionate self-starter, organized, analytical and detailed oriented
- Strong process and people management skills
If you are a dynamic sales leader with a proven track record in developing people and driving results, and you are excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.