THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for drafting and coordinating all aspects of HVAC, piping and plumbing as required per project specifications and demands with minimal instruction and supervision, usually leading a project. This position also includes cleaning up project files and creating templates per standards, drawing file maintenance and preparing files or backgrounds for the designer/drafters to begin projects.
- Create spools or download to the RK Plasma cutter and prepare files for completion.
- Complete tasks that facilitate learning the basics of HVAC, plumbing and piping and the associated software.
- Draw file maintenance and prepare files or backgrounds for the designer/drafters to begin projects.
- Complete red line drawings, plotting drawings, and drafting tasks as needed to assist others.
- Manipulate and number ductwork and preparing files for download to the RK plasma cutter.
- Annotate drawings, place elevations, dimensions, and plotting to PDF format.
- Place 3D hangers on piping and ductwork systems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- AutoCAD experience directly related to the desired field preferred.
- Understand NAVISWORKS for project coordination among the trades to detect collisions and problems in the 3-D drawing environment.
- Must have increased latitude when it comes to project recommendations and resolving problems. The ideal candidate is expected to be aware of the problems in order to write RFI’s and correct problems as needed.
- Able to coordinate effectively with other trades as well as other members of the staff.
- Ability to take charge of meetings and lead coordination efforts.
If you are an experienced CAD Designer/Drafter who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law