By: RK Mechanical
Energy consumption is on the rise and consequently, more expensive than ever. As the demand continues to increase, scientists and engineers are exploring new ways to increase efficiency and safety in systems that require a lot of energy; HVAC systems are no exception. In recent years, groundbreaking technologies began giving consumers the ability to reduce the energy consumption of HVAC systems in our homes and buildings. While many new technologies are still in the early stages, several have been widely adopted. Here are the top innovations taking over the HVAC industry.
TOP 8 HVAC INNOVATIONS:
- Movement-Activated Air Conditioning automatically turns off in empty rooms
- Thermally Driven Air Conditioning relies on solar power for cooling
- Ice-Powered Air Conditioning turns cool water into ice overnight, to be used the following day thus reducing peak electrical demand.
- Dual-Fuel Heat Pumps work hand-in-hand with a gas-fired furnace
- Geothermal Heat Pumps transfer heat to or from the earth
- Sensor-Enhanced Ventilation can control when an exhaust fan needs to run
- Air Purifying Technology allows the removal of nearly all of the particles from the air stream
- Energy Analysis Software allows for constant monitoring and adjustments to achieve optimal efficiency for HVAC systems
By using cloud-based systems and increasing smart and real-time communication between mechanical units, HVAC controls will continue to become more energy efficient and allow for cost savings. Energy alternatives, such as solar and geothermal will become more commonplace and technology like smart thermostats will become more popular by reducing energy consumption.
RK Mechanical is the Rocky Mountain Region’s leading full-service mechanical contractor. We fabricate and install mechanical systems, including HVAC, sheetmetal, plumbing and piping utilizing the latest innovative technologies.