THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
The Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities of designated mechanical, miscellaneous metals, or structural steel construction projects. They will make sure goals are achieved in a timely manner and within budget by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This role is responsible for managing budgeting and scheduling. They will administer contracts, buyout, documentation, meetings, billings, change conditions, labor productivity, cost control and project closeout.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day operations of staff teams on assigned projects.
- Initiate, review and oversee required project administration and documentation to avoid claims and protect the best interest of RK Mechanical, Inc. and our client.
- Ensure contract agreements are expeditiously secured, reviewed, processed and executed.
- Review, edit, finalize and distribute project budget.
- Conduct pre-construction turnover meetings for all assigned projects.
- Ensure required permits and/or licenses are obtained and posted.
- Initiate setup, monitoring and updating of project scheduling.
- Coordinate required procurement of materials and equipment with purchasing agent, with emphasis on a buyout plan to meet, or improve on, established schedule dates and budget cost.
- Subcontract agreement negotiation, preparation, processing and execution.
- Ensure required submittal review, processing and approvals, and submittal logs are set-up and maintained.
- Develop, submit and obtain approval of billing schedule of values.
- Maintain an overbilled cash position, and request retention release bill-down/payments.
- Collect payments, progress billing and retention receivables, on or before due dates.
- Price, negotiate and process change condition and change order work.
- Ensure assigned projects are properly staffed with appropriate field forces. This includes: 1) review, updating and approval of labor resource loading; and, 2) labor productivity.
- Oversee tools and rental equipment use on all assigned projects. Ensure that any tools and rental equipment not required, or not being utilized, are returned immediately.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of all assigned projects, including continual cost control, management and forecasting.
- Prepare accurately, and submit on time, all required project monthly contract valuations.
- Review, approve and process all subcontractor and supplier invoices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Project Manager 1 & 2
- Independent decision-making.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities.
- Ability to function as manager or expert for a single department or functional area.
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with key staff and other departments.
- Experience making authoritative decisions and recommendations which have an important impact on activities of a company.
- Experience determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities.
- Proven specialist expertise, typically 10+ years of experience, including fiscal responsibilities.
- College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills or equivalent combination and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
Assistant Project Manager
- Indirect supervision.
- Independent decision-making regarding complexities and methods.
- Ability to apply diversified knowledge of applicable principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments.
- Advanced techniques and knowledge within his/her function.
- Ability to supervise and guide overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
- Able to act as a liaison to groups within and outside of his/her organization with responsibility to act independently regarding matters pertaining to his/her function.
- College/University graduate with 7 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
If you are an experienced Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.