THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
The General Superintendent will oversee the scheduling, coordination, and supervision of crew activities. They will supervise and coordinate onsite field operations of RK Mechanical, Inc. and associated sub-contractors and vendors. This role is responsible for providing pertinent information and trade specific information to the GC in the development of the project schedule. They will adhere to project schedule and orchestrate timely project completion within budget. This role will cooperate with project management and maintain open lines of communication regarding matters concerning project budget, productivity, change orders, quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Practice, promote, and develop mentoring at all trades and manpower levels throughout the company.
- Document and ensure any required corrective measures are addressed and implemented.
- Develop ‘Master Plan’ approach for project.
- Execute, supervise and maintain CPMI.
- Schedule all daily and weekly scope of work activities.
- Requisition, maintain and account for tools, materials and equipment.
- Monitor progress, performance and quality of work for all Subcontractors and major Equipment Suppliers.
- Coordinate all required jurisdictional inspections, and maintain good working relationships with inspectors.
- Reviews, analyzes, and updates Labor Hours/Job Costs Report information with project management on weekly basis.
- Optimize project opportunity by field/pre-fabrication planning, CADD, organizing and scheduling, without compromising the quality, safety or completion date of the project.
- Assist project management with schedule preparation and SIP, including logic and resource/budget allocation, Labor Resource Charts and provide updates as required.
- Keep proper and complete documentation of project, in accordance with RK Mechanical, Inc.’s standard systems and available for inspection at all times.
- Provide required training, mentoring, coaching and leadership for field personnel. Participation in company provided training.
- Ensure accurate and complete cost coding of all time cards on a daily basis. Review, sign-off and forward time cards to corporate office as required.
- Ensure efficient project closeout, including completion of all punch list work, owner training and instruction, transfer of spare parts, final cleanup, demobilization and project records archiving.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift and carry 21 to 35 lbs. occasionally, and/or 13 to 21 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 7 to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to climb up and down and maintain balance on stairs, ladders and scaffolds while carrying tools and equipment.
- Ability to see (naturally or with correction).
- Ability to use arms and hands to reach, handle or manipulate and install heavy objects and materials.
- Ability to balance, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, lean, stand, walk, climb, dig, backfill and compact.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT 1
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
- Experience negotiating critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Experience managing autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Experience making authoritative decisions and recommendations which have a significant impact on extensive and related activities of a company.
GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT 2 & 3
- Proven specialist expertise, typically 10+ years of experience, including fiscal responsibilities.
- College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills or equivalent combination and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
- Experience determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities.
- Experience making authoritative decisions and recommendations which have an important impact on activities of a company.
If you are an experienced General Superintendent who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.