The Director of Lean will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of overall business process optimization and value stream mapping. This position will implement lean systems and strategies in all aspects of the business to ensure value delivery to clients, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a technically qualified work force, reduce operating costs and employee hindrances, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- Provide thought leadership to drive the vision and next-generation horizon of business lean transformation.
- Implement and lead the lean transformation strategy and systems required to eliminate waste in all aspects of the business in a manner that reduces frustration and delivers value to clients, maximizes profitable growth, and enhances the quality of work life for all employees.
- Develop and document the lean transformation roadmap. Provide project management and change management expertise to achieve this plan. Direct the communication strategy to create and maintain the awareness and engagement of all employees and other stakeholders.
- Work with the leadership team to translate the high-level business strategy into terms and initiatives that all employees understand, so that business objectives are effectively cascaded and linked to all business units and individual goals.
- Provide training and coaching to leadership and management in order to develop their lean transformation understanding and to establish a culture of effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Help business unit and functional leaders identify opportunities and develop project charters that properly scope and resource efforts to transform the business.
- Ensure that improvement teams identify, benchmark, and incorporate best practices into all value streams.
- Ensure that, where appropriate, improved value streams and processes are standardized and shared across business units and functional areas.
- Collaborate with RK University to establish and maintain educational programs that develop standard knowledge requirements for all levels in the organization.
- Manage the budget for the lean transformation. Capture and report the hard and soft benefits. Ensure that ROI meets or exceeds expectations. Provide recommendations for adjustments to the budget as warranted.
- Lead, grow, develop and creatively expand the cross-functional productivity platform. Leverage participation from corporate cross-functional business units along with shop personnel as necessary. Provide thought leadership to drive the vision and next-generation horizon of productivity transformation. Execute & complete projects in a timely manner to realize operating benefits as quickly as possible.
- Lead the change management process of the productivity program. Influencing will be key as cross-functional collaboration will drive the value and success of the productivity platform.
- Work with shop and field to create KPI bowlers and Visual Management to sustain process improvement.
- Schedule, charter, and facilitate kaizen projects. Ensure effective sustainment of results and support problem solving as needed to close gaps to targets.
- 4-year applicable degree.
- Responsible for holding Kaizen Events
- Lean Sensei and 15 years of experience implementing lean systems.
- Expertise/understanding of business and is able to find the right balance between process rigor and creativity.
- Ability to analyze capabilities, identify root cause and growth tool opportunities; has the skills necessary to be seen as credible by peers and managers in delivery and commercial areas
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the continuous improvement roadmap and implement key growth initiatives; successfully drives change, handles conflict/ambiguity
- Mastery of fundamental continuous improvement tools
- Superior skills in communications, training/adult learning, consulting/influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and action plan execution
- Advanced pc and analytical skills (Enterprise system/software, mobile solutions, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.)
- Experience managing people and/or projects
- Exposure to and participation in a wide variety of training and facilitation environments
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive total rewards package, our family-owned business environment promotes a culture of respect, passion and advancement. We operate with a high degree of accountability and quality by adhering to tested processes that deliver results. Through a company-wide integration of our core values, we foster engagement and commitment at all levels, fueling our vision “to be the contractor and employer of choice”.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.