THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
RK is currently looking for an experienced Corporate Controller. In this role, you will be responsible for directing the company’s accounting department and maintaining the company’s accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Manage the preparation of financial statements, KPIs and other financial reports.
- Develop performance measures that support the strategic direction.
- Oversee job costing process and maintain revenue recognition according to GAAP.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise accounting team.
- Presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Oversee financial reporting and accounting functions of the various divisions.
- Establish, communicate, and adhere to a monthly closing schedule.
- Close within 10 business days.
- Maintain and improve the company’s internal control environment.
- Coordinate job-costing and accrual entries.
- Prepare property tax returns and sales and use tax returns.
- Respond to other departments’ inquiries for information.
- Coordinate annual financial audit and prepare detail schedules for auditors.
- Manage workers’ comp, general liability, and OCIP insurance audits.
- Maintain fixed asset records and record depreciation and adjustments.
- Prepare recurring and reversing journal entries.
- Calculate labor burden for proper job costing.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- All employees are accountable for safety and health and are empowered to stop work if an unsafe condition is present. Employees should immediately notify their supervisor so that the hazard may be corrected.
- RK Mechanical employees and subcontractors are required to implement and maintain all safety and health systems practices including the training requirements of RK Mechanical Orientation and CPR/First Aid/AED/Bloodborne Pathogens.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having a significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Expert in the field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
If you are interested in this position and excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.