The Chief Estimator provides mentorship and training of estimators. The position is responsible for the final closure of all bid tabs, providing complete, accurate and consistent bids to Operations and conceptual budgetary pricing. This role consistently analyzes industry margins and RK Mechanical productivity factors.
- Assisting Preconstruction team during project turnover to Operations.
- Conducting employee reviews for Estimating department.
- Attending and participating in pre-bid/post-bid meetings.
- Tracking productivity on past projects and following-up on all past awards.
- Distributing workload amongst Estimating department.
- Ensuring that scope/design gaps have been filled in.
- Setting bid margins; reviewing bid documentation prior to bid closing.
- Providing detailed/custom breakouts for customers.
- Understanding the industry standards and providing extensive value engineering ideas.
- Clarifying scope within the Preconstruction department.
- Acting as a liaison between Estimating and Field Operations.
- Maintaining bid tab; providing quarterly updates or as needed.
- Reviewing/confirming the accuracy of bid book prior to turn over to Operations.
- Ability to negotiate critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Experience playing a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Ability to make authoritative decisions and recommendations having a significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Expert in field, extensive relevant experience, 15+ years.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to a competitive total rewards package, our family-owned business environment promotes a culture of respect, passion and advancement. We operate with a high degree of accountability and quality by adhering to tested processes that deliver results. Through a company-wide integration of our core values, we foster engagement and commitment at all levels, fueling our vision “to be the contractor and employer of choice”.
If you are an experienced Chief Estimator who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Jim Shaw, Corporate Recruiter
(p): 303.785.6890 | JShaw@rkmi.com
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.