RK Energy manufactures oil and gas and renewable energy equipment and skid-mounted cooling systems, pump skids, and modular buildings. We specialize in Oil Meter and Quality Buildings, Pig Launchers and Receivers, Sand Traps, Separators, Heater Treaters, Incinerators, Flare Stacks, Pipe Racks, and Skids.
THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL DO
The Lead Engineer is responsible for driving manufacturing best practices and transformational change throughout the production organization to meet overall business objectives. Provides leadership in the management and coordination of CAD and Estimating operations to ensure that products are produced on-time, at optimum costs, and within safety and quality requirements. This person will be a champion for positive direction and motivation to personnel in order to maximize productivity and consistently meet production goals.
- Utilize PE license for engineering design – including stamping and drawing
- Responsible for ensuring the CAD and Estimating/budget meets or exceeds the customers’ and internal requirements.
- Provide comprehensive and detailed practical and technical direction pertaining to CAD and Estimating scope and means and methods for all processes.
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of processes and procedures, for efficient planning & preparation, execution & control, and closeout, between CAD and Estimating teams.
- Review CAD and Estimating Bidding/Pending/New Projects List and follow-up with award and staffing issues.
- Drives year-over-year cost and process improvements for your teams.
- Provide necessary training, mentoring, coaching and leadership for CAD and Estimating team personnel.
- Ensure CAD and Estimating monthly cost projections are accurately and timely completed.
- Provide monthly CAD and Estimating summary reports to VPO.
- Maintain and improve owner, general contractor, and engineer and vendor relations.
- Optimize project opportunity by field/pre-fabrication planning, CAD, organizing and scheduling, without compromising the quality, safety or completion date of the project.
- Conduct performance reviews of staff and employee warnings and/or counseling as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A current PE License
- Company Leader: An expert in the oil and gas/fabrication industry, 5+ years with skid fabrication design and cost estimating
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Direct experience/design/understanding of all oil and gas midstream equipment – LACT, Meter Skids, ASME Vessels, Compressor Facilities, combustors, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on a variety of projects
- Strong communication skills – will be required to communicate with customers and employees of all levels
If you are an experienced Lead Engineer who is excited to be part of a growing, innovative company that empowers, energizes and values their people, contact RK for a personal and confidential discussion about this key position:
Rebecca Zollweg, Recruiter
(p): 303.801.3933 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law