RK APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Listen to the 630 KHOW Radio Interview: Mandy Connell Interviews RK.
The RK Apprenticeship Program is a great opportunity for those seeking a career in the skilled trades. There is a high demand for trade workers, so those with certified skills can earn good money and enjoy a successful career with reliable income and work opportunities.
What’s In It For Me?
The accredited RK Apprenticeship Program is taught by expert in-house instructors and has helped apprentices become certified by the U.S. Department of Labor. Our program includes hands-on, on-the-job training combined with classroom classes two evenings per week. After four years, our apprentices can earn their Journeyman license—and launch a high-demand career in their craft. Plus, apprentices can earn 42 credit hours out of the 60 hours required for an Associate’s Degree of Applied Science—that means RK is covering the cost for you to earn 70% of a community college degree!
RK Apprenticeship Four-Year Programs Include:
- 8,000 hours of paid on-the-job training
- 576 hours of classroom, laboratory and hands-on shop training
- 42 college credits towards an Associate’s Degree of Applied Science at community colleges
- Trade skill training for plumbing, pipefitting, sheetmetal and ironwork
- Wage increases: At RK, you’ll continue to earn pay increases and progressive levels of responsibility.
Our apprentices are full-time employees. Employees pay $10 per week as a payroll deduction, but if you complete the program with satisfactory grades and attendance, you are reimbursed 100% of this cost. So as long as you’re committed, you’re getting paid to create your career path.
Think Skilled Trades Don’t Make Good Money?
The US is currently experiencing a shortage of skilled trade workers—that’s good news for apprentices because companies are paying more than ever for skilled tradesmen, especially those who have graduated from an apprenticeship program and have earned a license in their chosen trade.
Working for RK has its perks.
- You’ll be employed by the largest and most respected mechanical contractor in Colorado.
- Work in our world-class fabrication shops, or on-site at Colorado’s biggest construction projects.
- Outstanding medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- 401k retirement plan: Very generous employer match means you’re getting free money.
- RK Wellness program: Reduce your medical insurance costs with wellness incentives.
- In-house wellness coaches, Patient Care, Employer Assistance Program and mental health support.
- Family-owned company with a family atmosphere—RK cares about it’s employees.
How do I apply?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.355.9696 and ask to speak to the apprenticeship trainer.
- RK accepts applications year round.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.