Employee development is a top priority because it spurs the growth of our company along with the growth of our employees’ careers. Our commitment to employee training and development means we have the best-equipped team in the business, capable of handling projects that range widely in size, complexity and location. We reward hard work and dedication.
RK offers several training programs:
- RK Apprenticeship Program: Trains Apprentices to become certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Project Manager Training Program: Two-year, semester-based classroom program to develop Project Engineers (PE) to Project Managers (PM).
- Project Engineer Peer Group: Supports PEs in their transition from PE to PM.
- Field Development Program: Develops Apprentices to General Superintendents.
- Super Foremen Training
- Field Manager Training: Support and training for new Field Managers.
- Rapport Leadership International: Training for our company’s future leaders.
- RK University Online: RK’s online platform, Skillsoft, offers free employee learning courses.
Other on-the-job training includes:
- Professional development including individual certifications and accreditations
- Computer skills, CAD and proprietary industry software
- Building information modeling (BIM)
- Safety On-the-job: Safety trainings related to project equipment, OSHA standards and workplace safety.
- Office Safety: AHA Heartsaver, CPR and First Aid.
- Quality: FTQ360, ISO, AISC, ASME, Pipe testing, Torque wrench training, Brazing, Soldering, PEX, CPVC, PVC, Refrigeration, Welding and more.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.